Pinball Nirvana Home Page

Go Back   Pinball Nirvana Forums > Real Pinball > Maintenance & Repair

Maintenance & Repair Discuss and offer tips on real life machines.

Old 12-22-2013, 04:44 PM
Gordon

Credits: 5,623.50
Yosemitepinball is on a distinguished road
Default Pinball magic

Im going out today to find someone to fix my pinball magic capcom. Blew my garage breaker and now the display is gone still plays fine. What happened ? I have only worked on old machines line space time.
Old 12-22-2013, 11:39 PM
Pinball Pusher

Credits: 117,692.93
Coil_Smoke is just really niceCoil_Smoke is just really niceCoil_Smoke is just really niceCoil_Smoke is just really nice
Default No Blown Fuses?

That is a weird one. I wonder how a pinball machine could draw enough current to trip a breaker without blowing one or more of the 15 fuses in that game ? Looks like most of them have LED's to show they are working.You know your Line fuse must be good. It's 5 amps. should a gone before your breaker. maybe you do have have a blown fuse . Your game has a separate power board and a fuse for dot matrix display. Hope it's something simple...C_S
http://mirror2.ipdb.org/files/3596/C...gic_Manual.pdf

When Lit
Old 12-23-2013, 01:45 AM
Pinball Technician

Credits: 62,768.65
pinballdaveh is a jewel in the roughpinballdaveh is a jewel in the roughpinballdaveh is a jewel in the roughpinballdaveh is a jewel in the rough
Default HO HO HO MERRY CHRISTMAS

the garage circuit in your house is not the best place for your machine because usually all the outside christmas lights will connect to the garage circuit. with the addition of a pinball problem the total amp draw could trip the breaker. in some states garages and outside recepticles are protected by a ground fault device that makes the circuit even more sensitive to shorts.
Old 12-23-2013, 10:22 AM
Faralos

Credits: 124,907.30
faralos has a spectacular aura aboutfaralos has a spectacular aura aboutfaralos has a spectacular aura about

you DO have a three prong plug for it yes? I have worked on more pins then I care to admit
that have blown out breakers all due to the locations snapping off the grounding plugs
to fit into an extension cord not thinking that they are there to protect the pin itself!
and extension cords ain't the safest place to plug a pin into since they
tend not to have fuses or breakers in them to protect against power spikes or voltage drops
Old 12-23-2013, 04:28 PM
Pinball Pusher

Credits: 117,692.93
Coil_Smoke is just really niceCoil_Smoke is just really niceCoil_Smoke is just really niceCoil_Smoke is just really nice
Question Power Line Transients ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by faralos View Post
you DO have a three prong plug for it yes? I have worked on more pins then I care to admit
that have blown out breakers all due to the locations snapping off the grounding plugs
to fit into an extension cord not thinking that they are there to protect the pin itself!
and extension cords ain't the safest place to plug a pin into since they
tend not to have fuses or breakers in them to protect against power spikes or voltage drops
I was wondering about a surge or spike too Hey 'Yosemitepinbal' do you think it was your game or something else that tripped your breaker?

When Lit