Pinball Nirvana Home Page

Go Back   Pinball Nirvana Forums > The Plunger > The Playfield

The Playfield A Forum for anything!

Old 01-11-2018, 03:58 AM
Inserted Coin

Credits: 112.73
hoanghuynh is on a distinguished road
Default So I Looked Up My Old Othodontists

I had nothing better to do. I wore braces for 8 years to correct for an underbite. An underbite is when the upper teeth seat behind the lower teeth.
As a kid, I was a mess, but only physically.

One of them was Dr. Robert M. Ricketts, and it turns out this guy was world-renowned. Unfortunately, he passed on in 2003. The other orthodontist was his business partner, Dr. Ruel Bench and their multistory complex was known as Ricketts & Bench in Tarzana, Ca. in the 1960's.

As for being world-renowned:

http://orthocj.com/2003/01/interview...cketts-part-1/

Quote:
I finished my service duty as the only dentist at the submarine base at Key West. I worked on members of President Trumanís secret service. That complete two years afforded me with a good overview of the human dental condition, especially in men.
And his memorial page at nature.com, as reported by The British Dental Journal:

http://www.nature.com/bdj/journal/v1.../4810673a.html

My folks took me to him. The one thing I remember the most, apart from my mouth feeling like it was smacked by a baseball bat each and every month after the monthly visit for orthodontic adjustments (tightening the wires which force the teeth to move against their will; for 8 long years) is that

...their office was carpeted and each and every time they took a step near me or walked across the room and then touched my face, I received a humongous Static Shock, It happened with Dr. Ricketts doing it. It happened with Dr. Bench doing it. It happened with every nurse doing it, and each and every time it happened, the good doctor would apologize with a smile afterwards.