Pinball Nirvana Home Page

Go Back   Pinball Nirvana Forums > Computer Corner > Software

Old 05-27-2012, 11:26 PM
appropriate at this time

Credits: 72,509.57
Shockman will become famous soon enoughShockman will become famous soon enough
Default Lunar Gravitar v1.3

I am almost ready to certify this as bug free.

The changes to version 1.0

- Bugs.
- The cheats and short-cuts are gone. All that is left is what is in the trainer.

Some changes that were not really bugs, but bugged me include,

-Bullets evaporate on contact with a gun. You use to be able to take out all that was in the line of sight.
-The explosion bits in the gravity reactor planet (the last planet) can be absorbed with the ships' shield to avoid destruction of the ship.
-Improved the housings flat spots in that same cavern.
- The ship use to crash after the wee running man entered it if you waited too long. Now as soon as he enters it the ship will lift off.
- The link will only be empty of guns in the first solar system of level 1. It will have guns appear after the reactor is hit only in the second solar system of level 1. After that there will be guns on the way in and out. Only in the link planet the guns are regenerated (all of them) each visit.

Observation,
- When the reactors are destroyed the explosion bits that make it through the slot can enter the slot of another reactor, destroying it as well. It is possible to destroy all three with one shot, though you will be lucky enough to get two. This may be something that could be set up.

- My highest score is 104,000 which ended on the third planet of the third system (the snake planet). Actually, on my last life I decided to use the link, but got shot before I made it to the link reactor.

Tip,

There is a lot of tips in the documentation (F1). One that is not is to save your game when you have surprised yourself at your position. This way you can reload and continue from there. That reminds me that I intended to give visual feedback when F5 was pressed like "GAME SAVED" and an option to save if you press ESC to end a game, but I spaced it out. I might sneak that in when I get it done.

Download LUNAR GRAVITAR v1.3
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	screenshot100.png
Views:	137
Size:	28.7 KB
ID:	5282   Click image for larger version

Name:	screenshot101.png
Views:	139
Size:	55.9 KB
ID:	5283   Click image for larger version

Name:	screenshot102.png
Views:	128
Size:	34.7 KB
ID:	5284   Click image for larger version

Name:	screenshot103.png
Views:	141
Size:	28.0 KB
ID:	5285   Click image for larger version

Name:	screenshot104.png
Views:	138
Size:	40.5 KB
ID:	5286  

Click image for larger version

Name:	screenshot105.png
Views:	136
Size:	45.7 KB
ID:	5287   Click image for larger version

Name:	screenshot106.png
Views:	146
Size:	43.6 KB
ID:	5288   Click image for larger version

Name:	screenshot107.png
Views:	132
Size:	44.8 KB
ID:	5289  

Last edited by Shockman; 06-02-2012 at 01:13 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Shockman For This Useful Post:
islost (06-03-2012)
Old 06-02-2012, 01:11 PM
appropriate at this time

Upgraded to version 1.3

- Added Q as another quit button. This quits without saving progress with auto save either on or off. Otherwise ESC auto-saves if that option is set. If auto-save is not set to on, press F5 to save the same at any point. With this feature you can easily maintain a game with your best progress and abort the save if you are not happy with you last progression.
- Fixed a bug with Planet 6 not zooming in on the system map (it started full size)
- Made the link timer faster as you progress. (link 1 is almost 3 seconds between ticks, and link 3 is just over 1 1/2 seconds between ticks, after that all links are just over 1 1/2 seconds between ticks)
- Each system has more gravity than the last (relative to system but not level)
- Planets landscapes now have various colors.
- Not much more, but a little bit more.

Download LUNAR GRAVITAR v1.3
The Following User Says Thank You to Shockman For This Useful Post:
islost (06-03-2012)
Old 06-03-2012, 09:45 PM
Pinball Porcupine

Credits: 307,694.70
Ike Savage is a splendid one to beholdIke Savage is a splendid one to beholdIke Savage is a splendid one to beholdIke Savage is a splendid one to beholdIke Savage is a splendid one to beholdIke Savage is a splendid one to behold

hey, sorry for falling out of the testing loop. life has been pretty complicated lately. anyroad, i'm gonna try hitting the BBB chat and see if my videocam is still working, primarily for S's and G's.

peace,
nic
Old 06-04-2012, 12:51 AM
appropriate at this time

Don't worry about it. I test it every time I play it. I think sometimes my attention to detail fails me though. It's like I walk through a big hole in a wall without noticing the big hole in the wall, to patch a tiny hole on the wall I see through it.

This will probably be the last game I make with Game Maker. After I learn the next program, my games will all be cross-platform and portable using Construct 2, which just builds HTML 5 web browser games using all modern techniques and DX sdk.

And/Or Construct Classic which will build Windows .exe games. (DX 9+)
Old 06-05-2012, 10:38 PM
Pinball Porcupine

Credits: 307,694.70
Ike Savage is a splendid one to beholdIke Savage is a splendid one to beholdIke Savage is a splendid one to beholdIke Savage is a splendid one to beholdIke Savage is a splendid one to beholdIke Savage is a splendid one to behold

that's interesting about the new directions you're moving in. sounds like a great idea, really, what with the linux and apple base out there.

you'll also be getting in to territory, where if your game is of high-enough quality and/or popularity, that ad revenue has a chance to come in... potentially rewarding you for your efforts.

based on the last E3 gamers convention or whatever it's properly called, it sounds like mobile games are indirectly murdering console games right now. but some of that factor would still be browser games, since the android browsers can now do maybe 85% of what the windows and apple-based browsers can do. i mean, i got myself an android tablet recently and i've been able to do transfer most of my browsing activities to that thing with little regret. the main thing that's inconvenient is the typing, hence why i'm entering this from my laptop.