Pinball Nirvana Home Page

Go Back   Pinball Nirvana Forums > Real Pinball > Maintenance & Repair

Maintenance & Repair Discuss and offer tips on real life machines.

Old 02-23-2017, 01:10 PM
Inserted Coin

Credits: 254.76
Screaming01L is on a distinguished road
Default Gottlieb Street Fighter 2

Hello, I'm new to the forums, but not to gaming. And my first post starts with a machine I have that's having problems. Was having some issues with bad coils and the original driver board had some switches missing. I replaced the switches but still had 2 playfield lights that just wouldn't light up. I bought a rottendog replacement board and found that the ramps were having issues and found 2 burnt coils. Replaced those. and found the left ramp didn't always come down and buzzed. Found a bad .5uf 500 volt cap that was broken. Somewhere in the plugging and unplugging of things, my fault, the machine conked out. here is what its currently doing. when you power it up, the lights behind the top panel light up for a split second. then several of the playfield solenoids energize and stay energized, all the while none of the power indicator led's on any of the boards light up. Within a few seconds, the driver board gets warm so I immediately shut it down. Its currently at a shop, but they hate Gottlieb sys 3 machines and pretty much said come get it. So its in my hands now. If you let it sit for a while it might give some garbled random display lights, but it never beeps or boots up. Where to start?

Also just got mame system so its nice to see that here on the forums too
Old 02-23-2017, 08:57 PM
Inserted Coin

Update, Machine is now on, but the LED on the A1 CPU board and the A8 DMD controller are on but solid and no display. So I ordered a new GAL chip for the UG 8 position. The background lights are all on and are staying on BUT, I have no LED/power indicator to the Aux Sound board and the Aux Sound board. Do these get power switched on via the DMD controller and CPU board? or do I have a power suplly issue to these board to look into?
Old 02-28-2017, 05:04 PM
Pinball Pusher

Credits: 105,478.30
Coil_Smoke is just really niceCoil_Smoke is just really niceCoil_Smoke is just really niceCoil_Smoke is just really nice
Exclamation You'd Scream Too

I'd Be Screaming Too...! Sometimes it helps........

Attached Files
File Type: mp3 Didjits - Mama Had a Skull Baby.mp3 (5.74 MB, 24 views)

When Lit

Last edited by Coil_Smoke; 02-28-2017 at 05:22 PM.
Old 02-28-2017, 09:07 PM
Inserted Coin

LOL, Screaming01L is for my twin turbo 01 lightning f150.

Back to the machine. F4 fuse was blown, checked for voltage at the display pin. My 5 volt is at 3.8 so that's low, and I had odd readings on the 62 volt, pin 8 started really high and withing 10 seconds fell off to 0. So took another fuse, slightly higher amp, I didn't have anymore 3/8p fuses, and it heated up / turned black then R15 resistor and the VR4 diode also took some heat. So now I have to repair the high side voltage of the DMD board . I want to scream...LOL

Hopefully its just the board and not something else shorted.
Old 03-05-2017, 03:43 PM
Inserted Coin

Credits: 253.33
Rionanal is on a distinguished road

Whoa, I have a similar issue. We are not alone in this world with such problems
Hope some of you will find the solution to it
Old 03-05-2017, 06:40 PM
Inserted Coin

So, Second Rottendog driver board and the 2 stargate/lift ramps left and right don't work. Both Mosfet's are bad. I put the stock board in and the left works but not the right. The Mosfets are13n10l but the last guy to repair the machine used a 20095 coil for the lift gate which is liosted as A-20095 Super Flipper Coil and the stock part should of been 27643, which is now 30468 and the resistance values are different. Also took out the f24 fuse (or 25, cant remember) which is an 8 amp slow blow
Old 03-22-2017, 06:27 PM
Inserted Coin

Credits: 380.91
Ikyanen is on a distinguished road

Greetings, It's good that such a task. My machine has a problem with the DMD card. I have to deal with this.