Pinball Nirvana Home Page

Go Back   Pinball Nirvana Forums > Real Pinball > Maintenance & Repair

Maintenance & Repair Discuss and offer tips on real life machines.

Old 12-22-2016, 10:22 PM
Inserted Coin

Credits: 243.26
joeruggiero is on a distinguished road
Default Gottlieb Big Indian 1973

Hello, When I power on the game and press the replay switch in the door, I can't get the game to start. I have credits on credit wheel, the backbox lights up, the tilt and game over lights illuminate. I checked with my meter and have no power going to the start relay when I press the door button. I have gone thru the game for misaligned switches and have corrected the few I found. Any ideas?
Old 12-23-2016, 02:26 AM
Pinball Pusher

Credits: 105,478.30
Coil_Smoke is just really niceCoil_Smoke is just really niceCoil_Smoke is just really niceCoil_Smoke is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeruggiero View Post
Hello, When I power on the game and press the replay switch in the door, I can't get the game to start. I have credits on credit wheel, the backbox lights up, the tilt and game over lights illuminate. I checked with my meter and have no power going to the start relay when I press the door button. I have gone thru the game for misaligned switches and have corrected the few I found. Any ideas?
I have deleted my first helpful? hints BECAUSE I just found the best discription of a Gottlieb reset EVER. This one is a "GAME CHANGER" folks. MERRY CHRISTMAS

When Lit

Last edited by Coil_Smoke; 12-23-2016 at 02:54 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Coil_Smoke For This Useful Post:
pinballdaveh (12-23-2016)
Old 12-23-2016, 08:46 AM
Pinball Technician

Credits: 53,629.92
pinballdaveh is a jewel in the roughpinballdaveh is a jewel in the roughpinballdaveh is a jewel in the roughpinballdaveh is a jewel in the rough

Lots of great info. The info is presented rather quickly for a newbie to follow. I did like the alan parsons project music. The start portion of the schematic might be needed for advice.
Old 12-23-2016, 09:27 AM
Inserted Coin

Credits: 243.26
joeruggiero is on a distinguished road

Coil Smoke - Great video. At 9:40 seems to be the area that I need to correct. Got to find why I have no power at the start relay coil when the door replay button is pressed. I already ohmed the door switch circuit and it works fine. Thank you.

Pinballdaveh - Yes it does go thru a lot rather quickly. In the video, it seems like the start relay should get direct power thru the coin replay switch. I will check that. I do have the schematic and manual and the have helped me overcome several issues so far. If needed I could post part of the schematic.
Old 12-23-2016, 01:08 PM
Pinball Pusher

Coil_Smoke is just really niceCoil_Smoke is just really niceCoil_Smoke is just really niceCoil_Smoke is just really nice
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinballdaveh View Post
Lots of great info. The info is presented rather quickly for a newbie to follow. I did like the alan parsons project music. The start portion of the schematic might be needed for advice.
I had trouble following the speed of the presentation. What gets me is the trippy, surreal quality. The maker of the video talks about the softwares used to model the components and create the animation. It looks 99 44/100 % pure and you want it to be 'real'. Don't you wish someone, you, me, could get wiring to look that good ! This deserves the SILVER BALL ACADEMY AWARD

P.S. I Want "Ready To Play" lights too.

When Lit
Old 12-23-2016, 01:31 PM
Pinball Pusher

Hey Dave H, Can you say a few words about the 'Hold In' resisters in the Player Unit circuit? How are they wired and what magic trick is accomplished? Also what breaks the start relay's self holding switch circuit? Or is it only score motor contacts that hold in the start relay after the credit switch energizes the coil?

When Lit

Last edited by Coil_Smoke; 12-23-2016 at 01:40 PM.
Old 12-28-2016, 12:37 PM
Pinball Technician

Credits: 53,629.92
pinballdaveh is a jewel in the roughpinballdaveh is a jewel in the roughpinballdaveh is a jewel in the roughpinballdaveh is a jewel in the rough

Schematic pics needed to help with start circuit and other resistor questions.
Old 12-29-2016, 01:57 AM
Pinball Pusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinballdaveh View Post
Schematic pics needed to help with start circuit and other resistor questions.
Right, That's kinda why I ask, that video just hints at the resistors purpose. My best guess is they act like ballast resistors in pre 70's vehicle ignition coil circuits. That is, Maybe they hold a relay closed after being closed by full voltage in a parallel circuit ?

When Lit