Pinball Nirvana Home Page

Go Back   Pinball Nirvana Forums > The Plunger > The Playfield

The Playfield A Forum for anything!

Old 01-10-2013, 01:21 AM
Pinball Porcupine

Credits: 310,855.27
Ike Savage is a splendid one to beholdIke Savage is a splendid one to beholdIke Savage is a splendid one to beholdIke Savage is a splendid one to beholdIke Savage is a splendid one to beholdIke Savage is a splendid one to behold
Unhappy Hey, Steve- did you know that "Covered" is shutting down? (pics)

i think we shared some funny panels from that site and others in the distant past. welp, seems that it officially shut down in late september. fortunately all the artwork is still up for now, but as these things go, it could of course all disappear tomorrow. but, hey- they did make it up to 1000+ redrawn covers by the end! some of them are absurdly ridiculous, but whatever. you never knew what to expect, which was all part of the fun.

anyway, couple of my favorites:

http://www.coveredblog.blogspot.com/
Old 01-10-2013, 08:16 AM
Administrator

Credits: 141,243.70
StevOz is just really niceStevOz is just really niceStevOz is just really niceStevOz is just really niceStevOz is just really nice

mmmm...Steve? Me?

Not sure I can't recall though perhaps, it is the kind of thing I'd stumble upon and as I just turned 50, five days ago maybe I lost that memory.

Interesting site all the same and one good link deserves another, this is one I visit every now and again.

http://www.comicartcommunity.com/gallery/index.php
The Following User Says Thank You to StevOz For This Useful Post:
Ike Savage (01-10-2013)
Old 01-10-2013, 02:13 PM
Pinball Porcupine

Ike Savage is a splendid one to beholdIke Savage is a splendid one to beholdIke Savage is a splendid one to beholdIke Savage is a splendid one to beholdIke Savage is a splendid one to beholdIke Savage is a splendid one to behold

hadn't been there for awhile, thanks. lots of cool new stuff, i see.
Old 03-27-2013, 07:12 AM
Pinball Porcupine

...and i am LOVING this series:
http://www.deathbulge.com

Last edited by Ike Savage; 11-08-2015 at 03:53 AM.
Old 11-08-2015, 03:25 AM
Administrator

StevOz is just really niceStevOz is just really niceStevOz is just really niceStevOz is just really niceStevOz is just really nice

Ah ha bumped, yes I did lose and forget about these links, after my last upgrade, thanks Ike, beware I have eyes that see all, though their scope is limited and benign.
Old 11-08-2015, 03:52 AM
Pinball Porcupine

this tool?
http://www.pinballnirvana.com/forums/online.php

btw a couple more:

Old 11-08-2015, 04:52 AM
Administrator

http://www.pinballnirvana.com/forums/online.php

Indeed exactly that, though as an Admin I can see even those that opt to hide their online appearance as I know you and others have felt inclined to do so in the past for whatever reasoning that maybe...

Nice pics Ike..always like a piss take on Spiderman he is just so internet meme savvy!

Oh and this Finger linking experience!

http://www.comicartcommunity.com/gal...image_id=58600

Ah ha, though I know nothing can save KFC in this day and age even a upgrade to a dozen Herbs and Spice Girls!
Old 11-08-2015, 05:10 AM
Pinball Porcupine

mm, spice girls.

actually i think norm macdonald is doing a nice job as the colonel these days:
https://www.youtube.com/user/KFCColonelSanders/videos

of course, why they have the world's funniest man doing the colonel... i'm not totally clear on.
Old 11-08-2015, 05:26 AM
Administrator

Really I'm not in the know about market share profits and the viability of any fast food brands in the real world of economics as they stand in the global economics, though last time I checked they would seem to be on a downward spiral and rightfully so, just saying...

Brand recognition does not always equate to sales and to be honest I've never understood how or why advertising is considered so important, why so much is spent on something most and many more in this day and age will not acknowledge or be swayed to buy into....though sometimes good for a few laughs and entertainment all the same, but mostly just an annoying impost.
Old 11-12-2015, 10:21 AM
Pinball Porcupine

no particular insight here, just that madison avenue and wall street guys have had a long time to perfect the art and valuation of advertising.

so i just bumped in to this one today. being a fan of molluscs, this gave me a small thrill!

Old 11-13-2015, 03:52 AM
Administrator

mmmm....molluscs, actually the only ones I really like are abalone, though it's only seldom I get to eat a few freshly harvested from our local waters.

There are strict restrictions on bag limits, collection times and a recreational license is required, so it's only something I taste every other year or so when invited around to a BBQ where someone else has gone the hard yards and I bring the beers.

The fines here for taking them out of season, without a license or over the bag limit are extreme and rightfully so.
Old 11-14-2015, 02:17 AM
Inserted Coin

Credits: 48,375.76
GSGregg has a spectacular aura aboutGSGregg has a spectacular aura aboutGSGregg has a spectacular aura about

I love Norm McDonald's delivery, and hope he 'clams up' when appropriate and avoids going the way of Aflac's duck, Gilbert Gottlieb

EDIT: OOPS! Guess I should have done a little more research.

Last edited by GSGregg; 11-14-2015 at 10:21 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to GSGregg For This Useful Post:
Coil_Smoke (11-14-2015)
Old 11-14-2015, 08:08 PM
Pinball Pusher

Credits: 117,692.93
Coil_Smoke is just really niceCoil_Smoke is just really niceCoil_Smoke is just really niceCoil_Smoke is just really nice
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSGregg View Post
I love Norm McDonald's delivery, and hope he 'clams up' when appropriate and avoids going the way of Aflac's duck, Gilbert Gottlieb
Gilbert Gottlieb
The inventor of the modern PINBALL MACHINE &
Gilbert Gottlieb's Probabilistic Epigenesis
Gottlieb's Epigenetic Psychobiological Systems Perspective: Concepts & Definitions

http://study.com/academy/lesson/gott...finitions.html

When Lit

Last edited by Coil_Smoke; 11-14-2015 at 09:01 PM.
Old 11-14-2015, 08:19 PM
Pinball Pusher

Coil_Smoke is just really niceCoil_Smoke is just really niceCoil_Smoke is just really niceCoil_Smoke is just really nice
Question

As mentioned above, There was a time when I actually did think Norm MacDonald was the funniest guy-in-the-world. I have gone back over his stuff and can find little evidence that would support that notion. It must have been his smart ass wit...not his written material. AND he may well go the way of that duck cause when has Mr. MacDonald ever known to shut up ?

P>S> After checking the spelling of his last name, he could have ended up as the "Suzie Chapshtick" of the GOLDEN ARCHES..

When Lit

Last edited by Coil_Smoke; 11-14-2015 at 08:39 PM. Reason: mCdONALD vS. mACdONALD
Old 11-14-2015, 10:26 PM
Inserted Coin

GSGregg has a spectacular aura aboutGSGregg has a spectacular aura aboutGSGregg has a spectacular aura about

Mea Culpa re post #12: Gott LIEB / Gott Fried; looks like my credibility is FRIED...

must be that damned low blood pressure
Old 11-14-2015, 10:42 PM
Pinball Pusher

I WONDER WHAT low BLOOD PRESSURE IS LIKE?

When Lit
Old 11-14-2015, 11:04 PM
Inserted Coin

Maybe like involuntary meditation...with no opiates
Old 11-15-2015, 03:27 AM
Pinball Wizard

Credits: 396,124.31
sleepy is a name known to allsleepy is a name known to allsleepy is a name known to allsleepy is a name known to allsleepy is a name known to allsleepy is a name known to all
Default Hollywood Ghouls and their Zombies

Low blood pressure is like being a zombie, but the brain is still awake and conscious. Buzzing head, blurry vision, numb and clammy head and body, severe muscular weakness, hyperventilation And hypoventilation with the need to maintain the heartrate and respiration Manually by conscious thought, and the feeling of being about to plotz at any moment. And bus trips are white-knuckler rides, hanging by a thread.

I was once diagnosed with Marked Sinus Bradycardia (a weak, thready pulse due to the folk's morbid sleep deprivation). The retail hospital with ties to Disney, located across the street from their studio on Buena Vista St. in Burbank, made that diagnosis. But I had no money, so they sent me home.
And the public hospitals run by the universities which are founded or supported by studio money, well, they ignored the condition and sent me home. Because I was being hazed at the time by their bosses.

Last edited by sleepy; 11-15-2015 at 04:01 AM.
Old 11-15-2015, 08:08 AM
Administrator

Wow a Mickey Mouse Hospital with ties to Disney in Hollywood, now who didn't see that coming?

Now as a matter of fact incorrectly over subscribed medicines by overpaid, sponsored via pharmaceutical industries doctors to reduce blood pressure can and indeed have been the cause of my mother to fainting and collapse in the past, under control now, yes best reduce that medicine.

Though that is completely separate to the art of meditation, which I imagine can slow the body to a near hibernation state whilst the brain will be most active, never been disciplined enough to go near that state of nirvana, though I'm not entirely unfamiliar with the possibility either.
Old 11-15-2015, 11:25 AM
Pinball Porcupine

when i say that norm is the funniest man alive, understand that i'm coming from the steve martin - andy kaufman school of comic sensibility. which is... more than ever perfect for the times we live in, hence norm being the funniest man alive.

but in this age of complication, technological advances, and the godfather of modern comedy (bill cosby) turning out to be a despicable human being behind closed doors, who would -you- say is funny these days?
Old 11-15-2015, 11:34 AM
Pinball Pusher

Having native low blood pressure sound worse than having elevated pressure. Way back when I discovered PN Dr.'s had me on all kinds meds . Mainly cause they could not finger out one clue why I had so many symptoms. "Your Pressure is Still a Bit High"... So, "Double Up On The Lisinopril" Next day I fell right on my nose before I knew what happened. Yeh, Weak-dizzy-zombie. Then A-FIB @185 BPM as a scary side benefit. Finally My PCP (No, Not Phencyclidine) fired me as a patient. No Meds, far better and improving.
P C P ... You have to be on PCP to understand how P.C.P. is an abbreviation for a word with one "P" in it.

When Lit

Last edited by Coil_Smoke; 11-15-2015 at 01:00 PM.
Old 11-15-2015, 11:36 AM
Pinball Pusher

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ike Savage View Post
when i say that norm is the funniest man alive, understand that i'm coming from the steve martin - andy kaufman school of comic sensibility. which is... more than ever perfect for the times we live in, hence norm being the funniest man alive.

who would -you- say is funny these days?
Not Dane Cook... I like Katt Williams. Dave Chapel was funny, back when he was suffering. Apparently money can break one's funny bone. God I miss Andy Kaufman. We had it good while he was re-inventing entertainment.

When Lit

Last edited by Coil_Smoke; 11-15-2015 at 12:28 PM.