Pinball Nirvana Home Page

Go Back   Pinball Nirvana Forums > Visual Pinball and Visual PinMAME > Visual Pinball and Visual PinMAME Discussion

Visual Pinball and Visual PinMAME Discussion Anything VP or VPM related

Old 10-31-2015, 06:55 AM
Inserted Coin

Credits: 4,431.65
tonnys is on a distinguished road
Default Data loss on power failure

hello I do not know if I'm repeating the question but can not find answers anywhere, the problem is:
the game does not keep the score nor crédits in case of power failure, is there some process to force write automatically? or write at time intervals?
Old 11-02-2015, 02:37 PM
RIP Ruby. Whosa good dog?

Credits: 250,820.80
LeeVanCleef is a glorious beacon of lightLeeVanCleef is a glorious beacon of lightLeeVanCleef is a glorious beacon of lightLeeVanCleef is a glorious beacon of lightLeeVanCleef is a glorious beacon of light

As a casual user, I would have to say that I've never run across an easy-to-access option that would allow that. Whether there's a programming tweak that can be taken advantage of, I'm not sure. I doubt it, though. I think that would be the MAME part of PinMAME. Sort of like if the power's turned off while playing a real machine, none of the data on the game you're in the middle of will be saved.
Old 11-03-2015, 11:03 AM
Inserted Coin

Credits: 4,431.65
tonnys is on a distinguished road

thanks for your reply, but my problem is not only the data loss during current game, but previus games played before shut down normaly that will be also lost , but I will try to use a UPS to prevent that
Old 11-03-2015, 01:18 PM
RIP Ruby. Whosa good dog?

Credits: 250,820.80
LeeVanCleef is a glorious beacon of lightLeeVanCleef is a glorious beacon of lightLeeVanCleef is a glorious beacon of lightLeeVanCleef is a glorious beacon of lightLeeVanCleef is a glorious beacon of light

Ah! Like your previous high scores and stuff? I never had that those get erased unless I uninstalled VP, but I would be pissed if it did! I work hard at planting those high scores in there!