Pinball Nirvana Home Page

Go Back   Pinball Nirvana Forums > Visual Pinball and Visual PinMAME > Visual Pinball and Visual PinMAME Discussion

Visual Pinball and Visual PinMAME Discussion Anything VP or VPM related

Old 08-31-2015, 03:44 PM
Inserted Coin

Credits: 14,462.28
rodripeces is on a distinguished road
Question 'Black Knight' and 'Pharaoh' ¿where's the problem?

Hello friends
I don't know how to activate the magna shield into 'Pharaoh version 1.1' - for VP9 - by TAB / Destruk / Mr.Hide ( is like a magnet for stop the ball in the right and left exits as in the classic pinball of Williams 'Black Knight' ) I've been following the instructions that say
" Targets in lower three banks advances lighting of magna-unit lamps "
I can put the light on But when I press the magna-shield buttom ( into keyboard ) doesn't work ( CTRL left and right; I tried changing by ALT key but still doesn't work )
Thanks by read the post.

Last edited by rodripeces; 08-31-2015 at 10:58 PM. Reason: I forgot a basic data for understand better the problem
Old 09-11-2015, 03:44 PM
Pinball Wizard

Credits: 396,124.31
sleepy is a name known to allsleepy is a name known to allsleepy is a name known to allsleepy is a name known to allsleepy is a name known to allsleepy is a name known to all

I'm not familiar with that version, but be aware that sometimes the authors assign a different set of keys for the various additional game features like Magna-Save. I've seen games with Magna-Save mapping the keys to a and ' keys, and others using the z and / keys. Try one of those sets for the Magna-Save and let me know if it works, or doesn't.

One other thing about "Pharaoh". This is an update of a much older version, and the original older version didn't have the Magna-Save implemented, I would hope that the VP9 update of that game would have it implemented, but I don't know.
Old 09-11-2015, 05:01 PM
Pinball Porcupine

Credits: 304,627.40
Ike Savage is a splendid one to beholdIke Savage is a splendid one to beholdIke Savage is a splendid one to beholdIke Savage is a splendid one to beholdIke Savage is a splendid one to beholdIke Savage is a splendid one to behold

if you have some basic VP knowledge, you could also look through the script for keycode entries to see what's what.
Old 09-12-2015, 02:57 PM
RIP Ruby. Whosa good dog?

Credits: 250,820.80
LeeVanCleef is a glorious beacon of lightLeeVanCleef is a glorious beacon of lightLeeVanCleef is a glorious beacon of lightLeeVanCleef is a glorious beacon of lightLeeVanCleef is a glorious beacon of light

Actually, I think the default Magna-Save button, as it's programmed into VP, is different from the CTRL buttons. If you hit one of the F buttons (F2, I think?) it will show you a list the keyboard commands for playing the game. I think the key is labeled "special". That's the one you use as the magna-save, and it might be the ' key.
The Following User Says Thank You to LeeVanCleef For This Useful Post:
Ike Savage (09-12-2015)
Old 09-12-2015, 07:54 PM
Pinball Porcupine

Ike Savage is a splendid one to beholdIke Savage is a splendid one to beholdIke Savage is a splendid one to beholdIke Savage is a splendid one to beholdIke Savage is a splendid one to beholdIke Savage is a splendid one to behold

but what if i hit the F button and then the U button, ruby #651?
Old 09-13-2015, 11:29 AM
Pinball Wizard

Credits: 396,124.31
sleepy is a name known to allsleepy is a name known to allsleepy is a name known to allsleepy is a name known to allsleepy is a name known to allsleepy is a name known to all

Ike, that probably resets the score to 0 (zero).
Old 09-13-2015, 04:23 PM

LeeVanCleef is a glorious beacon of lightLeeVanCleef is a glorious beacon of lightLeeVanCleef is a glorious beacon of lightLeeVanCleef is a glorious beacon of lightLeeVanCleef is a glorious beacon of light

I believe pressing"F" and "U" turns on the VP9 "tilt" physics... because, brother, that is the biggest FU possible to VP fans.
Old 09-13-2015, 08:20 PM
Pinball Porcupine

hehe, still not as bad as zen's tho, right? they have the right nudge function as a left nudge and vicey-versa, with NO option to reverse them(!)

btw i don't know if you had a chance to check out the zaccaria app, but it's options package is absolutely fantastic. i made some screenshots to share but they're still on my tablet.

another cool thing is that you can play all the tables for free if you're connected to the internet (ad revenue).

farsight and zen could definitely learn a thing or five from these guys. only problem is... yeah, they're still just zaccaria tables.

"but it's always something"
Old 09-14-2015, 01:31 AM

Preach it, brother! I don't know what's worse... the design of Zen's tilting mechanism or the fact that they've worn me down so much over the years by refusing to change it that I hardly notice how screwed up it is.
Zaccharia app? Wow, that's kind of cool. Damn, what tables are in there? I remember Star Wars table and Race Car table... and that's about it. Just checked it out... and who knew they had that many tables? Unfortunately, they want a couple bucks for the app, and I blew this week's budget on Kingdom Rush Frontiers for the Ipod.
Oh yeah... the folks at Zen are real "tilt pussies", too.

Last edited by LeeVanCleef; 09-14-2015 at 01:51 AM.
Old 09-14-2015, 10:42 AM
Former Operator

Credits: 60,243.88
Itchigo will become famous soon enoughItchigo will become famous soon enough

The Zaccaria app is free, it's the options that cost, like nightmods, etc.

The default Magna save keys are the control buttons.

FREEDOM!!
Join the Rogue (A different kind of pinball site)
http://roguepinball.com/index.php