Pinball Nirvana Home Page

Go Back   Pinball Nirvana Forums > Visual Pinball and Visual PinMAME > Visual Pinball and Visual PinMAME Discussion

Visual Pinball and Visual PinMAME Discussion Anything VP or VPM related

Old 12-20-2017, 05:28 AM
Pinball Wizard

Credits: 65,366.97
shiva will become famous soon enoughshiva will become famous soon enough
Default A Blast from the Past: Sorcerer se2

Oh, this is kind of funny when I think about it. my son and I were talking about FP, and I was browsing my archives, and I found Sorcerer se2. So I loaded it in, changed a few quick settings, and it worked perfectly. Now the real old timers will remember this game, I did this back in 2002, and it's amazing how well such a old game still plays in vp9.4 15 years later! My son was 4 when I built this, he's now 19!

I attached a screenshot, I spent a whole minute and a half adjusting the physics, and that's it. When I released this, it was voted the vpm game of the year, and to this day, it still plays just as well as any other version, in fact better than a few, because the actual arcade game was fast, mean spirited, and just down right nasty, and my version just blew me away, and almost belittled me, just like the real one did.

Of course there has been so many changes to VP since, so a few things were broken as that has been the goal of the devs to wipe out 15 years of VP history just so Noah can sell more cabinets, but you can't destroy the spirit of the game itself. Even if it plays like a woman on permanent PMS.

God I remember that game. A friend and I always played it, it was a competition between us on who could roll the score first, took us months before one of us finally did it, and we were kicked out of the arcade more than a few times because we got so frustrated we kept slam tilting it on purpose, and after hitting it against the back wall about 5 or 6 times within a few seconds they decided it was enough.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	VPinball994 2017-12-20 02-14-00-497.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	1.17 MB
ID:	7193  

FaceBook Page for all my Rants,raves and projects
https://www.facebook.com/paul.sanderson.3745496
Next project: FPx Template engine.

Last edited by shiva; 12-20-2017 at 06:14 AM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to shiva For This Useful Post:
Ike Savage (12-20-2017), Itchigo (01-24-2018)