Pinball Nirvana Home Page

Go Back   Pinball Nirvana Forums > Real Pinball > Maintenance & Repair

Maintenance & Repair Discuss and offer tips on real life machines.

Old 02-02-2019, 11:59 PM
Inserted Coin

Credits: 13,443.65
merkury is on a distinguished road
Question Advice on Pinbot Restoration / Playfield Swap

Hey guys,

I came here six years ago and shared a month of my life removing mylar from a Pinbot playfield. You can still view the post and many helpful comments. I disappeared and to be honest, that playfield is still standing in the corner of my office right behind me just now

I had the idea to power up my Pinbot tonight and it woke up a little groggy and I had to remember how to get it out of the boot menu.

I fired off a couple of balls, one of the rubbers broke, and I realized immediately that if I want to play it again, it's going to take a little work.

The playfield on the machine is really bad and I would like nothing more than to swap in this one that I stripped the mylar off of. It's a huge job though and I really don't know where to begin. There are so many components and so many wires (fragile looking wires).

Does anyone have advice, links, etc? I don't even know where to look for parts (other than amazon and ebay). My apologies if this info is obvious and right in front of my face. I just jumped on here and started writing the post without looking too hard.

Thanks!