Pinball Nirvana Home Page

Go Back   Pinball Nirvana Forums > Real Pinball > Maintenance & Repair

Maintenance & Repair Discuss and offer tips on real life machines.

Old 01-04-2011, 09:26 PM
Inserted Coin

Credits: 12,140.50
bgrom8 is on a distinguished road
Default 1980 Spider-Man Solenoid Problems

I was hoping someone could help me with my pinball problems. I have a 1980 Gottlieb The Amazing Spider-Man pinball. Whatís happening is I turn the machine on and it will play fine for about 5 minutes or so. Soon after, the solenoid for the 2 kick outs and the solenoids for both sets of drop targets will reset but only half way. The targets come up too high and do not drop back down to a level where a ball can knock them and the kickouts only come up and do not go back down unless I push them. I am not sure but think that the problem may be related to the 3 metal things on the green board (transistors?) because they get really hot after the machine runs for a while. When I shut the machine off after the problem has started I can hears what seems to be solenoids going back to a relaxed position. Sorry if Iíve confused any lingo as I am new at this. Any help is greatly appreciated. Iím posting a URL to a video of the problem as well. Thanks!

The Problem: YouTube - pinball 0001