View Single Post
Old 03-04-2017, 06:52 PM
Pinball Porcupine

Credits: 0.00
Ike Savage is a splendid one to beholdIke Savage is a splendid one to beholdIke Savage is a splendid one to beholdIke Savage is a splendid one to beholdIke Savage is a splendid one to beholdIke Savage is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinballfan1 View Post
Google Chrome. I used to always use Firefox, but it kept getting viruses and pop-up ads or something. Chrome doesn't have that problem
even back in FF i was pretty dedicated to running script blockers to prevent that stuff.

chrome has some nice ones, including a powerful version i'm using called "umatrix." it gives you pinpoint control over every little extra bit a page wants to run. an incidental bonus is that it winds up blocking ads, too. all those sites which try to detect whether you're running straight "ad-blocker" can't detect stuff like umatrix.

one other thing i recently realised when trying to go back and run an old browser game in 64-bit chrome is that the older shockwave stuff built in director (DCR files) was in 32-bit, and will therefore only run in 32-bit browsers. but all the other flash stuff i've seen (SWF files) still runs just fine; woohoo!