View Single Post
Old 12-31-2017, 12:55 AM
Pinball Wizard

Credits: 0.00
shiva will become famous soon enoughshiva will become famous soon enough

Happy New Year

As for me, now that FPx is put to bed, time to do something else, which is finally have a look at VPX and see what it can do. It's pretty apparent judging from the lack of reaction to FPx that it's time to move on, so ported over shivaEngine3, added a few things from FPx, and am now learning how to use vpx, using Jungle Girl as the design.

So far okay, I'm finding vpx to be hideously complex in places, especially that Material system which makes things a lot tougher than they need be, but starting to get the hang of it. So many things to vpx, all this cabinet stuff, which I don't have and not the slightest bit interested in. The engine is going fine, have to replace the reels with a A.N.D. display etc. I suppose I will add some things like ball rolling sounds, but still early days.

Hard to believe just thinking about it. My first original design in 14 years, and the first time I have really touched VP in at least 7 years, and now I have to relearn everything from scratch as they completely wiped out everything us old timers know and love. Still, it's always fun to learn something new, and now that I have settled on what I want for Jungle Girl, it might even take me less than 3 years this time.

FaceBook Page for all my Rants,raves and projects
https://www.facebook.com/paul.sanderson.3745496
Next project: FPx Template engine.