View Single Post
Old 09-28-2019, 10:53 AM
Pinball Porcupine

Credits: 0.00
Ike Savage is a splendid one to beholdIke Savage is a splendid one to beholdIke Savage is a splendid one to beholdIke Savage is a splendid one to beholdIke Savage is a splendid one to beholdIke Savage is a splendid one to beholdIke Savage is a splendid one to behold

So... what's the worst thing(s) that can be said about Win10? (I'm pretty much the antithesis of a 'Microsoft guy,' just to be clear)

Me? I've had some minor quibbles here and there, but nothing I couldn't really resolve after a search or two. There was one thing I was never able to do, and that was to enable searching for sub-files within a folder full of archives. (at one point I was having some issues with MAME, and needed to look for individual IC dumps within ROM sets) Fortunately it's no longer an issue.

I looked at the WP entry for Win10 just now, and it doesn't seem to mention any controversies. A google search turned up nothing but minor issues that had minor solutions, or possible workarounds.

Now I get that Windows will always be hugely targeted by troublemakers, but also that's why I'm very conservative with my permissions across the board. Win10 does seem like a logical step forward from Win7/8, with more user tools and such.

Meh?