View Single Post
Old 09-25-2019, 03:37 PM
Pinball Porcupine

Credits: 0.00
Ike Savage is a splendid one to beholdIke Savage is a splendid one to beholdIke Savage is a splendid one to beholdIke Savage is a splendid one to beholdIke Savage is a splendid one to beholdIke Savage is a splendid one to beholdIke Savage is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by StevOz View Post
Well my bluetooth connection is as buggy as fuck and yes I've reported it to the MS gods. I usually have to remove a device and then add it again to get it to work or sometimes when I go into settings I hit disconnect and it actually connects sometimes.
I've had that problem for years running USB bluetooth and wireless dongles off a long USB extension cord. Happened with both Win7 and Win10, so I figured it was most likely the long cord.

In terms of my bluetooth speaker, as a last resort, I've had to do what you described above. But more often, all I need to do is physically reset my speaker in one of two ways. Only takes a few seconds of holding a button down on the speaker... pretty painless.

But with the other wireless dongles (keyboard and mouse), I merely switch the dongle to another open USB port. Possibly corrosion is a factor, not sure.

This stuff is slightly annoying, but a quick fix on the whole, and far easier than removing and re-adding a device in settings (ugh).