View Single Post
Old 05-21-2017, 08:30 PM
Pinball Porcupine

Credits: 0.00
Ike Savage is a splendid one to beholdIke Savage is a splendid one to beholdIke Savage is a splendid one to beholdIke Savage is a splendid one to beholdIke Savage is a splendid one to beholdIke Savage is a splendid one to behold

also... it's probably best to be clear on my own views, re: trump:

i thought he was a highly-amusing political candidate even as he was an utter farce upon the same. but that's also sort of the pat paulsen (and many others) territory, which is something of a grand, fine old tradition.

but as a POTUS? as a POTUS i consider him an utter, unmitigated disaster. much worse than simply being an international embarrassment, he is in fact helping drive civilisation to extinction in any number of ways. the main reason i don't tend to make all this more personal than i already do with friends and acquaintances is because i can -also- see some of the factors that contributed to his election, and can understand (to some extent) why people would genuinely believe he was the best possible choice. but that's a long, winding, complicated story that's hard to really get in to with most folks.

honestly, i think each one of us is a unique mix of genius and dumbassery. i have no doubt that loads of trump voters have far more developed life skills and talents than i do across a range of areas. yet that's not at issue, today.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ike Savage For This Useful Post:
LeeVanCleef (05-22-2017), pinballdaveh (05-24-2017)