View Single Post
Old 02-26-2015, 12:09 AM
RIP Ruby. Whosa good dog?

Credits: 0.00
LeeVanCleef is a glorious beacon of lightLeeVanCleef is a glorious beacon of lightLeeVanCleef is a glorious beacon of lightLeeVanCleef is a glorious beacon of lightLeeVanCleef is a glorious beacon of light

I've seen Paul Giamatti in some less-than-good movies, but I have never seen him be anything but awesome in a less-than-good movie. I recently heard an interview with Larry Wilmore, talking about how he was working as a writer on a late-'80s sitcom pilot. The studio absolutely hated the leading actor and wasn't shy about saying so. Despite the fact that the actor had another role on his plate, they decided to film the pilot anyway. So Larry says they had to call the actor who knew the studio hated him and tell him to report for filming. He agreed to, even though he made it clear that he wasn't gonna do a series for those assholes if it got picked up. The pilot was done in front of a live studio audience and this guy absolutely killed, amazing Wilmore and everyone else who worked on the show. And, yeah, that guy was Paul Giamatti.
LOL! If Mike ain't an asshole before the author interviews him, he sure will fulfill the mandate then!