View Single Post
Old 11-02-2017, 12:22 AM
Pinball Wizard

Credits: 0.00
shiva will become famous soon enoughshiva will become famous soon enough

Hi. Been a long time since I touched VP. Reasons...

Can't really answer the question anymore, to many changes have been made to VP so it's now unrecognizable. Check task manager, see if it's in fact another program running that is taking up too many resources. Maybe you have a setting in the video manager that is causing this, just switch everything to it's lowest settings and work from there.

I just installed VPX myself, and the usual bugs happened of course. I would uncheck the higher graphics quality stuff first, Ambient is off, turn all the way to the left the details slider, and set the texture dimension to 1024 or 2048. I have to enable vsync on my computer because everything plays at lightspeed with older versions of VP. I believe in the code geeky way we all have been fostered with, you have VPdev type in 1. Forcing the FPS may make it play better, I have no idea what other things do, apparently the instructions require a rocket science degree just to be able to understand what is written in there.

Oh, the old standby, because even after 15 years, they still haven't fixed this bug. This I have to do to prevent VP/VPX from crashing, so it's the first thing you do, is right click the vpx icon, select properties,compatibility, and check "disable display scaling on high DPI settings" If I remember correctly, this helped with lag as well. Been many many years though.

Off the top of my head, hope it works out.

FaceBook Page for all my Rants,raves and projects
https://www.facebook.com/paul.sanderson.3745496
Next project: FPx Template engine.

Last edited by shiva; 11-02-2017 at 12:30 AM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to shiva For This Useful Post:
GSGregg (11-02-2017), Ike Savage (11-02-2017)