View Single Post
Old 08-22-2017, 05:04 PM
Pinball Porcupine

Credits: 0.00
Ike Savage is a splendid one to beholdIke Savage is a splendid one to beholdIke Savage is a splendid one to beholdIke Savage is a splendid one to beholdIke Savage is a splendid one to beholdIke Savage is a splendid one to behold

i like the shadow eclipse a lot. for some reason i didn't see much of it through the trees in CLE, but i did bump in to this cool little vid of the effect, online:

http://imgur.com/VrXZviY
(you can save it as a video if you like; it's only 2megs)

otherwise, pretty much same experience as those above. 80% coverage here; some darkening of the sky; mild temp drop. the strength of the current sun really made everything harder. certainly during different hours / season, things would have been different.

i made a little pinhole viewer out of a watercolor box, but it didn't help much. ditto, my nintendo shots of the sun during max occlusion. for those here on my FB list, you can see some photos, but mainly they're notable for a cactus sketch i'm working on and a shot of big bird trying to steal my guacamole. (long story)

now, i'm taken to understand that the moon is steadily moving away from the earth, and in 500-600 million years we will no longer be able enjoy solar eclipses at all! the joke's on the moon though, since there's not going to be much life left on earth anyway. :P
The Following User Says Thank You to Ike Savage For This Useful Post:
Coil_Smoke (08-24-2017)